This semi-auto shotgun is imported in its original configuration directly from the Molot factory in Russia. The VEPR-12 is a semi-automatic shotgun designed for self-defense, hunting, and 3-gun competitions. Based on the RPK standard, the VEPR-12 shares the same legendary characteristics of extreme reliability in harsh conditions as the RPK.
The fire control group allows for semi-automatic shooting and the safety is an improved version of the standard AK safety selector. Additional features include: The ability to insert magazines straight into the magazine well (AR style) without the need to cant the magazine (AK style); RPK style Windage adjustable rear sights; Windage and elevation adjustable front sights integrated to the gas block; Picatinny rail incorporated into the hinged dust cover (allows optics mounting); and chrome lined chamber, barrel, gas block, and bolt carrier operation rod for increased corrosion and wear resistance.
All Factory Manufactured:
- Polymer lower handguard and upper handguard
- wood 1-piece thumbhole with sling loop
- competition magazine well
- RPK style adjustable rear sight
- hinged dust cover with a Picatinny Rail
- original AK enhanced safety lever (single finger operation)
- factory chrome lined barrel, chamber, receiver shaft, and gas chamber
- factory last round bolt hold open
- factory threaded barrel
- factory machined bolt assembly, and gas blocks.
VEPR-12 is shipped with one 5-round magazine