Magpul makes high quality injection molded parts and accessories, primarily for the AR15 rifle platform, right here in the USA. Polymer backup sights are popular for several reasons, including low weight, quiet operation, and durability. High quality polymer can take a certain amount of abuse without breaking, and still return to its original form, unlike metal, which may permanently deform, or even break.
Specifications and Features:
Magpul MBUS Gen 2 Flip Up Rear Sight MAG248-BLK
Injection Molded Folding Back Up Sight
Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
Clamps to MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
Protective wings shield the dual, same plane flip apertures
Sight can still be folded with either large or small aperture in position
Detent knob easily and positively adjusts Windage
Made in the USA
Overall Weight 1.3oz
Overall Height Stowed .51″
Overall Length Stowed 2.6″
Center of Aperture to top of rail 1.42″
AR-15, AR-10, DPMS-LR308 and similar pattern variants
Note: The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits most 1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform
Rules and Restrictions
The purchasing some of the items in our store are regulated by Federal laws and local restrictions.
- All FFL rules apply. Please check your local State and Federal law before purchase.
- All firearms purchases will be shipped to FFL dealers only and you will need to pass a background check before you can receive the firearm from your dealer of choice.
- Shipping will be Provided By registered shippers only (FedEx, UPS, USPS) with tracking and insurance.
- Alaska: No Ammo.
- California: No Handguns. No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto rifles. No M-16 Bolts. No Ammo without a FFL. No high-capacity ammunition magazines (more than 10 rounds).
- Connecticut: No Semi-Auto rifles. As of September 1st we will be re-evaluating the status of the October 1st laws.
- Delaware: BFSIII™ triggers are sold for use in pistols and non-rifle firearms only. Buffer springs and ajustable gass blocks are sold for use in pistols and non-rifle firearms only.
- Florida: As of September 1st we will be re-evaluating the status of the October 1st laws.
- Hawaii: No Pistol Mags over 10rds. No Ammo. No BFSIII™ products.
- Illinois: No Ammo without a FFL.
- Maryland: No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags over 20rds. As of September 1st we will be re-evaluating the status of the October 1st laws.
- Massachusetts: No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags without an FFL. No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto rifles. No Ammo.
- New Jersey: No Hi-Cap Mags over 10rds.
- New York State: No Handguns. No Mags over 10rds.
- New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, & Queens: No Handguns. No Mags over 10rds. No Ammo. No NFA Restricted Items.
- Vermont: No rifle mags over 10rds. No pistol mags over 15rds.
- Washington DC: No Firearms. No Hi-Cap Mags. No Ammo.
- APO & FPO Addresses: No Ammo.